Those who care for family members or friends in need are the true angels of this world. Being a caregiver requires tremendous dedication, patience, love and….. energy! We commend you!
In order to take the best care of others, you must take good care of yourself. This may be difficult due to time constraints, unexpected challenges, and daily responsibilities; here are some ways.
1. Exercise on a regular basis and encourage the person you care for to do the same if able.
2. Eat well. Energy can be maximized with a well-balanced diet.
3. Maintain a social life and relationships with friends.
4. Take time for yourself! Whether this is a well-needed rest, a night out, or reading a good book.
5. Accept help from others and delegate chores to help reduce the workload. Recognize what is essential and what can wait. To the extent possible, protect your precious free time — learn to say “no” to potential commitments that don’t work with your schedule or fatigue and don’t feel guilty about it!
6. Recognize that Angels can have high stress, chronic fatigue, burnout, and physical health issues of their own. You can’t take great care of others if you are not healthy yourself. Keep your provider appointments, fill your own scripts, get medical and mental health assistance when needed.
As a High-flying Angel remember to take care of yourself, be kind to yourself, and recognize you are providing a very special service, even though the people you care for or others may not acknowledge your efforts.
Motion 4 Life Fitness welcomes Angels to join us for a needed break: a 30-minute personalized and supervised exercise program, nutrition advice from a registered dietitian, and a friendly environment of adults facing all kinds of life’s challenges who are taking a few minutes out of a busy day to re-charge. We also welcome inquiries regarding possible workout options for those you care for.
Carol Weesner, MD
Motion 4 Life Fitness
Keep in touch!
Join our mailing list for information on classes, memberships and special events.
M-Fri 5:30 am – 8 pm
Sat 8 am – 2 pm
14801 Market Center Drive
Suite 100, Carmel, IN 46033
(148th & Gray Road, Carmel / Westfield)